- This event has passed.
Speaker Dinner – Hardwood Flooring – Selection / Design / Installation – A Panel Discussion
March 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Hardwood Flooring – Challenges and Solutions for Design, Selection and Installation
Join us for an interactive evening with our panel of experts who will discuss Challenges and Solutions for Hardwood Flooring Design, Selection and Installation.
Panel will include:
Joe Cresswell – Owner, Innovative Hardwood
Gale Dent – Award-winning kitchen & bath designer, Provanti Design
Arthur Viera – Sales Manager, Emerson Hardwoods
Tom Wells – Sales Associate, Greater Seattle Floors
Selecting the right hardwood flooring materials, based on environmental conditions, service ratings and requirements of the project
- Discuss how common conditions such as commercial and/or residential environments, expected foot traffic volumes, room lighting, colors, and finishes, effect, and need to be considered when selecting hardwood flooring options
- Commercial considerations
- Residential considerations
- Foot traffic volumes
- Room lighting
- Colors and Finishes
- Pre-Finished vs Site Finished Considerations
- Cost comparisons of new hardwood flooring installations vs maintenance cost of existing hardwood flooring installations
- Life Cycle Analysis of hardwood flooring (ref. NWFA Life Cycle Analysis)
- Slip resistance & Coefficient of Friction issues relating to hardwood flooring
- What to do when your client insists on hardwood flooring in a wet area
Sole sourcing all components of a hardwood flooring assembly/installation from one manufacturer, to insure integration of the installation (flooring, base trim molding, base shoe molding)
- Integrating the right floor surface preparation methods and materials for hardwood flooring, based on the specifics of the project condition
- Existing substrate conditions – Can the substrate accept hardwood flooring in its untreated condition?
- Floor flatness requirements – Is the subfloor flat (and level) enough to accept hardwood flooring? Self-Leveling vs Skim Coat floor prep method
- Wood framed subfloors – Does the subfloor meet required deflection ratings? Is there too much ‘bounce’ in the floor?
- Concrete subfloors – Moisture testing – does the concrete slab meet benchmarks for Rh and moisture vapor limitations?
Collaboration with Interior Design Professional, Hardwood Flooring Manufacturers and Flooring Company to help insure the right materials and methods are selected for the project
- Manufacturers requirements for adhesives, floor prep materials, and on site acclimation
Perspective from installers to shed light on the most common challenges when installing hardwood flooring, and a narrative on best practices and specific solutions to hardwood flooring installation challenges
- Logistics & Scheduling
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Time: 6:00 Registration & No Host Cocktails
6:30 Buffet Dinner
7:00 Panel Discussion
8:00 Dessert & Networking
Location: Master Builders Association
335 116th Ave. SE
Bellevue, WA 98168
***Parking is Free