Flooring Installer – Field Technician (3+ years experience)
Greater Seattle Floors – Tacoma, WA
$20 – $30 an hour
Job Description: Flooring Installer – Field Technician
Greater Seattle Floors is seeking a Flooring Installer – Field Technician to join our team. As a Flooring Installer – Field Technician you will work closely with our Sales Managers, Field Manager, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, and other members of the team. A Flooring Installer – Field Technician will be responsible for the installation of our various flooring products including, raw and pre-finished wood, stairs, baseboards, and transitions with a strong attention to detail and a focus on a quality end-result for our clients. This position requires a high degree of creativity and will focus primarily on high end residential projects. An individual in this role is expected to operate with minimal supervision.
Greater Seattle Floors is a single source custom flooring contractor with a primary focus on residential hardwood flooring. Our product lineup also includes ceramic tile, natural stone, slab, carpet, marmoleum, vinyl, and laminate LVT. We are a social, family oriented, group of people seeking a person who can join our organization and help us elevate our installation team to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties/projects may be assigned)
- Installation of flooring products from the various lines offered
- Sand and finish/refinish hardwood floors
- Repair and level sub-floors to company and manufacturer specifications
- Apply sealer, stain, and finish coats to all surfaces per company and manufacturer specifications
- Perform incidental duties such as filling scraping, vacuuming, tacking, buffing, lacing new flooring in to match existing, patching, chiseling, etc. as required for the job
- Complete job paperwork in a timely/accurate manner including tracking of material from the shop or obtained elsewhere. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe worksite
- Attend/Perform Safety Meetings – alert team leads or other management if a safety concern is observed on the job